My philosophy is to provide my patients with the highest quality of orthodontic care with exceptional service by going the extra mile before, during, and after their treatment. I am inspired when I see changes in my patients, both in how their smiles improve and how their self-confidence grows. Since I started Holliday Orthodontics in 2004, my goal has been to give my patients a healthy smile they can be proud of.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Master of Science – University of Illinois at Chicago
- Orthodontic certificate – University of Illinois at Chicago
Continuing education is the key to improving how I practice orthodontics and keep up to date with more advanced treatment techniques. We are always improving the way we help patients to have a better and more comfortable treatment experience. At Holliday Orthodontics, we continually update our knowledge of Invisalign© invisible braces and various methods of self-ligating bracket technology.
ASSOCIATIONS AND SPECIAL AWARDS
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Hawaii Dental Association
- Align Technology Ortho Advisory Board, 2021
- Hawaii Society of Orthodontists, 2006 president
- Honolulu County Dental Society, 2009 president
- Part-time, volunteer faculty, Lutheran Medical Center, Honolulu
- Voted each year as one of Honolulu’s Best Dentists since 2009 by Honolulu Magazine
- “Extracellular Matrix-Mediated Tissue Remodeling Following Axial Movement of Teeth.” Journal of Histochemistry & Cytochemistry, 2006.
- Bones, Teeth & Genes: A Genomic Homage to Harry Sicher’s “Axial Movement of Teeth.” World Journal of Orthodontics, 2005.
- “Bioethical considerations in Geriatric Dentistry.” Focus MDA, 1998.
OrthoMasterClass: A growing vision for innovative learning opportunities
OrthoMasterClass is lead by Dr. Sean Holliday, a Top 1% Invisalign provider and Aligntech Faculty member who has treated over 6,000 clear aligner cases. Having coached numerous immersion courses throughout the years, the team helped build innovations and growth amongst practices nationwide.
OrthoMasterClass began in 2014 amongst doctors throughout Western America and Japan. With the expanding interest from the orthodontic community, we have launched two years later.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I love spending time with my wife, Jacque, and my wonderful kids Sarah, Sophie, Sadie, and Luc. We love to travel and learn about different cultures around the world. I love photography and capturing nature with this medium. I’m an avid reader and I also enjoy learning new languages and am fluent in Spanish, speak some French, Italian, and Russian. .