Orthodontic treatment had a huge impact on my self-confidence and demeanor as a teenager. Having the opportunity to give that gift to someone else is incredibly fulfilling and makes me excited each day to provide care for our patients.
I was born and raised in Honolulu and am thrilled to return home after many years of school on the mainland. During undergrad, my experience working as an orthodontic assistant sparked my passion for orthodontics. I moved to the Midwest in 2012, where I completed both dental school and my orthodontic residency at University of Missouri-Kansas City. I can’t tell you how happy I am to finally be home and out of the cold weather! I’m grateful to be a part of such an amazing team at Holliday Orthodontics and for the opportunity to create beautiful, confident smiles. After all, everyone deserves to have a smile they are proud of!
- 'Iolani School
- BS – Santa Clara University
- DDS – University of Missouri Kansas City
- MS and Orthodontic Certificate – University of Missouri Kansas City
ASSOCIATIONS AND SPECIAL AWARDS
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Hawaii Society of Orthodontists
- Hawaii Dental Association
- International College of Dentists Leadership Award
- Quintessence Award for Research Achievement
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- A Novel Osteogenic Cell Line That Differentiates Into GFP-Tagged Osteocytes and Forms a Mineral with a Bone-Like Lacunocanalicular Structure. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, 2019.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
I’m an avid eater and novice cook — but I love basically anything to do with food. If I’m not eating, you may find me scrolling through Yelp, looking for the next restaurant to try with friends. I’m also passionate about helping the underserved. I was fortunate enough to serve on a dental mission trip to Guatemala in 2012 and hope to be able to attend more in the future!